Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jacob's Ladder Quilt



I started working on this when my dad said he wanted a "blanket" to cover up with when he lays on the couch watching TV. Of couse, I said, "Blanket? You've got a daughter who makes quilts!" He just laughed.


So I went out and bought the fabric with him in mind, Benartex's Apple Cider Mill Road in greens and reds. Its a little Christmasy, which wasn't the plan, but these are also the colors in his couch, so it matches. It took me about 4 weeks, but I was able to get it done and give it to him for Christmas (which we celebrated on Thanksgiving since Dad goes to FL for the winter). Its a very generous lap/couch quilt.


I love it and will make one of my own one day.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I am sure your dad is very proud of your talents!

    ReplyDelete