Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Update from WI

Not much going on.  We're back to school and back to work.  It's snowed a few times, and it's cold.  It's 10 degrees F.   That's Wisconsin in winter.  We get used to it.

I guess the big news (at least at work) is the upcoming game of the Chicago Bears against the Green Bay Packers.  Now, I've been a Bears fan for 25+ years.  So I take some ribbing, but this week it has gone to a whole new level.  Let's just say that we've all agreed to disagree.  And that who ever wins this weekend, it will be the best team.

Last Saturday, while Green Bay was winning, I made a pot of stew.  I know, I know.  Not too exciting.  But the last time I made stew (about 10 years ago), it didn't turn out well and I was very disappointed.  This time, everything worked and fell into place (see what happens when you follow the directions?).


Stew right after I added the veggies - everything still bright green

Stew Done and Ready to Eat 
The stew was so delicious.  Of course, I didn't follow the receipe exactly. Nowhere did it say add 1 1/2 cups of red wine.  But you know, if it's good enough for Beef Burgundy, it's good enough for stew.
Of course, I didn't really measure 1 1/2 cups of wine.  I just uncorked the bottle, took a sniff to make sure it was still good, took a swig, and poured until I felt like stopping.  But it was about 1 - 2 cups.

I'll have a quilt to show you later this week.  I'm busy burying all the loose threads and hope to have a picture taken at my quilting meeting at church on Thursday. 

Hope your winter is going well.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...stew is SOOO perfect for WI winter days :)

    I'm a Ravens fan and apparently, though I'm in TN, I'm the minority next to the Steelers! Good luck to the Packers...I just want the Steelers to loose :)

    ReplyDelete