Monday, April 20, 2009

Quilted Tote

I've mentioned that I've been working on a quilted tote. Well, today I thought I'd show you what I'm doing. Here's the pattern:




The last time I made a bag was about 20 years ago. I still use it, but I wanted a bigger one. This one is huge. Here's the pieced front. I have to quilt it next then start the assembly process. It is taking me a long time because I just don't work on it every night (and I've been gone the last two weekends).


I love the colors. It's my colors (pink and purple) plus some orange/sherbet colors. I can't wait until I get it all together. I am worried about finding the dowels for the handles. The LQS where I bought my pattern said I could find them/make them, but I was hoping for handles that had some finish to them (not raw wood). Well, when I get that far, I guess I'll worry about that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment