Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.







Here's a picture I took in my garden Friday morning of my flowers in bloom. As you can see, here in Wisconsin we're rather behind on the garden. Some of my friends in Indiana are already seeing flowers on their strawberries, but here we're just getting daffodils (and the beginning of one of my peonies). In the upper right hand corner you can see what's left of my tulips. The deer got in my beds about a week ago and ate most of the tulips and the crocus. We have a herd of about 7 deer here in town that just go after anything they can get their hands on.










Here's my pink bleeding heart. Gotta love this sweet little plant. Its about 12 inches tall and every year I wonder if its going to come up and every year it does. I'm waiting for it to get bigger, but it seems perfectly happy at its current size.




I was home on Friday morning because the men came to install my new patio sliding door. My house is 40+ years old and the slider to the back yard was original to the house. Well, as we all know, heat efficient windows were not all that great in the 60's and that aluminum slider sucked enough heat out of the house to keep my back deck warm all winter long. So I bought a new slider and it was installed on Friday morning. Here's some (bad) before and after pictures.






Before









After





Ignore that deck that needs to get stained (again) this summer. Its something else on my list of things to do.






I'm very happy with the new door, although I didn't realize that the glass (super duper efficient) was going to be shaded (not clear glass). But it's wonderful and beautiful. I guess now I'll have to think about window dressings for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment