Thursday, May 21, 2009

Need Help from You







As you may be aware if you're following my blog, I'm working on a Spring Bloom Mini Swap project. I finally got the tulip pieces cut out and somewhat put together.








I've been planning on mounting them on the background fabric in straight lines, but I also kinda like the scattered approach. What do you think?




Of course, the scattered approach will be a big pain to applique'. Maybe I'll reduce the number of leaves.



We're going camping this weekend, so tonight I've got to mow the lawn, buy the groceries, pack food, pack suitcases, etc. So I won't be able to get back to this until Monday after we get back (assuming I'll have any energy).

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I like the random look with less leaves. But remember you are the final decider!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest a kinda mix of the two: perhaps make groups of 2 tulips (joined by the stems with fewer leaves). This would give you 3 sets that you could "row up."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the scattered approach better but would prefer it to be a little bit more organized. Perhaps the bottom row could be raised slightly so it doesn't look like they are laying on the 'ground' where the upper row plants begin. I hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete