Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back from Florida

DD and I got back from our annual Florida vacation yesterday. We had a great time.

We left Wisconsin on December 18th and drove (ok, so I did all of the driving) to Port Charlotte (south of Sarasota), arriving on Saturday evening the 19th. My dad is in PC and we were there about 9 days. The weather wasn't as warm as in past years, so we only got one day at the beach and about 4 days at the pool. Plenty of running around and shopping for Christmas presents.
Here's DD playing on the beach. She always finds a little friend to play with and this year was no exception. They played in the sand digging holes that kept filling up with water.
Christmas morning at my Dad's house. He doesn't have room for a Christmas tree, so we just pile the presents in front of the TV. I don't know where she picked out this outfit from, but it was very colorful. DD was very excited to receive (as a family) a Wii.
After Christmas weekend, we drove up to my Mom's place in Homosassa (about a hour north of Tampa). We had a great time playing dominos and mom made DD a new nightie. DD has been very interested in clothing design and I wanted her to get a feel for garment construction. My mom is a great seamstress, so I knew that she had both the skill and the temperment to give those lessons.

Here's DD with my mom and step-dad.

Tomorrow its back to school and work for the two of us. Neither of us is really ready, but what can you do? We still have today and we're going to see Avatar and I'll work on a quilt (what else!).

No comments:

Post a Comment