Friday, January 9, 2009

Searching for Fabric

Well, I ran out of some of the fabric that I'm using in my flag stone quilt and went last night to look for more at the shop I originally bought it (found 3 out of 4). So today I went to two other shops during lunch (in the snow storm!) and struck out finding that 4th fabric. So back at work I started calling around and found it up in Sheboygan. I only need 1/4 of a yard, so they are holding it for me for tomorrow morning to pick up.

Of course, while I was at the other two quilt shops today I managed to buy more fabric for my stash. And some batting.

I'm working on a paper pieced block. Its the first time I've ever used that method. I can't say that I enjoy it, but want to see what this block looks like finished. If I like it, I might make 3 more to make a mini quilt.

But tonight Katie (dd) is having a friend over to spend the night, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment