Monday, March 30, 2009

Erin's Baby Quilt


Well, I started cutting out the fabric for the new baby quilt I'm making. Here's the fabric.


I didn't spend very much time over the weekend quilting. On Saturday I did hand sew on the binding onto my FL Shell Quilt (see previous post), but after that DD got up and we ran a bunch of errands and then I took her to go see Race to Witch Mountain at the movie theater. It was pretty good and I'm glad we went. We came home long enough for her to change clothes before I took her to a 3 hour shut in at the YMCA. She was pretty phyched to go and I know she had fun, but they discontinued a bunch of stuff that she was looking forward to.


And then it started to snow. And snow. And snow. It looked like alot as I was driving back from the Y, and I know that south of here got alot more, but when I went out to snow blow Sunday morning, there was only about an inch and a half. I started up the snow blower, but the snow was too heavy and wet and wouldn't "blow" anywhere. So I put the blower back in the garage and got out the shovel and had it done in about 20 minutes. Because there wasn't very much, it wasn't too heavy to lift, so it wasn't too bad.


After cleaning out the driveway, DD and I drove to IL to see my dad, who just got back from FL. We hung out with him for a little, then the three of us drove over to see my new niece, born about 4 weeks ago. I got to hold her for the longest time and even got to feed her! Such a sweet sweet baby. We all went out for dinner at Chili's and then took Dad back home and then DD and I drove back to Port Washington. It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment