Well, I just finished hand sewing on the binding on the Florida Shell Quilt. I really like the machine quilting I did. Funny thing happened though, when I had about 5 minutes of quilting left, my needle broke. I think it developed a burr and then the thread caught and pulled it out of alignment and so it hit the plate and broke. So I took the quilt off and was replacing the needle when I realized that I had forgotten to cover the dog feet (my feet don't lower, there's a plastic cover that goes over them). So I pulled out the cover and put it on the machine for the last 5 minutes. When I looked at the back after I was done, those 5 minutes of quilting really stuck out like a sore thumb. Adding the plastic cover made the quilt move smoother, but it also made the tension change. I never would have thought of that. Huh....
I'm not sure what my next project is going to be. One of the ladies at work had her baby last week and I bought the fabric for her baby quilt a few months ago, so I could start that. Or the only son of my best friend is getting married in December and I bought fabric for a wedding quilt for them. The baby quilt will definitely be needed sooner as we're going to have a shower for her at work (we were going to have it several months ago and her doctor ordered her to bed rest before we could pull it off).
Speaking of machine quilting, I ordered the Pajama Quilter video and Patsy Thompson's video, so I have some stuff to watch today and tomorrow. We're expected to have 4 - 7 inches of snow in the next 24 hours, so good thing I'll have stuff to do!
I have 4 Girl Scout quilts to put the binding on so I'd better get at it.
Have a good weekend!