Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lots of Stuff to Tell You

Since it has been a week since I last posted, I have a lot to tell (and show) you.


First, last Wednesday I attended Bonnie Hunter's "Sister's Choice" class. I would highly recommend her class (in fact, I'm signed up for a different one in September).


Here's Bonnie and I in front of her sample quilt.


Here's the four blocks I got done (I also have about 6-7 half done). Instead of the pure scrappy quilt, I chose a color controlled teal and purple combination. I'll be working on this quilt for the next month or so (at least I hope I get the top done before I see her in September).


I also got my Spring Blossom Mini Quilt Swap quilt done and out in the mail this week. Here's out it turned out. I ended up hand quilting it (which I hadn't done any hand quilting in about 10 years). I love the colors (and hope my swap friend does, too).



Last, but not least, I thought I'd share a picture of some of the flowers in my garden with you. These are Painted Daisy's in front of my Salvia. When I first planted them about 4 years ago, they were a good half a foot away from each other. Now they kind of grow together and since I love the hot pink with the purple, I'm leaving them that way. The white in the far right hand side is some field Phlox that is coming into bloom.


I'm now working on a couple of bags from Amandajean (and the Moda Bake Shop) as birthday presents that I hope to gift next weekend. Hopefully I can show pictures before they're gone.
Have a good week!










2 comments:

  1. That sweet quilt lives at my house now! Thank you so much for making it for me. I love it! Thank you too for all the extras in the package. It was nice of you to include them.

    Happy quilting!
    Fanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you got to go to a class by THE Bonnie Hunter. I just love her patterns. Her blog has truly changed the way I think about quilting. Your Sister's Choice blocks are looking great, it will be a pretty quilt when you get them all done.

    ReplyDelete